Tuesday, June 25, 2013

let it begin

So I'm kind of loving how me and my three best friends are sharing this blog. It makes me feel close to you guys even when we're worlds away. (btdubs...I feel like blogs(and other stuff lately) are making me a little more cliche and sappy...so bear with me). 
Well I'm kate, a fourth owner of this blog...I'm new to this like everyone else but I'm kinda liking it so far! Like Annika said, I've recently found a love for looking at blogs. Especially our cute friends that have them-I guess they've kind of set the standard for us younger girls now:)

So let it begin...

I guess I could say that "beginnings" are things that are a pretty big part of my life right now. Wait...yep. Basically the "beginnings of the endings" are what my life revolves around! 
Beginning of so called, "real life" and an ending of the "easy breezy". Beginning of making our own choices and an ending of letting our parents decide our lives. Beginning of college and ending of high school. Beginning of friends going separate ways and an ending of spending every living day together in the halls of Olympus High School. Beginning of going to several farewells every sunday and an ending of hanging out with the boys I've grown up with. Beginning of an "all girl summer" to an ending of calling up the crazy guys that are now all amazing missionaries. Beginning of watching my best friend serve The Lord for "the best two years" and an ending to seeing his face and hearing his voice everyday. Beginning of writing numerous missionary letters and an ending of making numerous calls and texts. Beginning of a lot of "ill see you soon"s and an ending of a lot of "goodbyes". Beginning of the new and an ending of the old. But throughout all of these, I've realized that endings can be just as hard and as easy as the beginnings. 

But I've decided that through all of these "beginnings" and "endings", I get the chance to focus on me and the things that are unchangeable. I get to focus on what I can do to make these changes great and memorable. It's a chance for me to grow as an individual and to experience life and all of the changes that it will always bring. I get to learn and grow through these changes and let them take their toll in changing me for the better. These changes help me have the opportunity to focus on who and what really matters in my life. Because changes always offer the firsts and lasts, changes become for us, but the way they affect us is up to us. It's simple! Haha ya joke...

So this is basically going to be a summer of the beginnings and endings of our silly, new, naive, excited, fun, hopeful lives that we get to spend together for the first-last time:) 

let it begin!! 




love, 
moss




1 comment: