Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Beginning

I've never really been into the idea of creating a blog myself, but since I'm experiencing a new part of my life, I find it rather necessary. I love reading other blogs and over the past year I've developed a particular love for reading fashion blogs. This won't be anything like that, however, more of a way to keep track of things that are happening during my internship in L.A. I'm already a week behind, but I'll do my best to cover everything that has happened.
Monday morning we (Alexa, Ryan and myself) headed to the office to attend a day of Ncompass University. Since there are a lot more interns than there were last year, Ncompass set up a day for all of the newcomers to get presentations from the different departments. The first presentation was about account managers and the basics of what Ncompass does as a company. I actually ended up learning a lot that day and had a better overall understanding of what type of a company my Aunt Kae has created. Every single department was extremely intriguing so it was hard to decide which presentation I liked the best. I almost fell asleep during one of the presentations, not because I was bored, but because I was tired... sitting through presentations is harder than you think.
That night I tried out an interval training class at a new workout place down the street from my Aunt's house. All I can do is laugh when I think about my experience there. I fortunately ended up getting a great workout in, but the trainer was somewhat ridiculous. He was a massive british man who seemed very self conscious. I could tell it was his first time at conducting this class because he lacked confidence in himself, therefore repeating many of the things he said. Haha his accent made his seem less masculine than he looked so it was a rather interesting experience.
Tuesday consisted of me organizing the paid bills cabinet in the accounting hall and entering a few expense reports into quickbooks. It sounds sophisticated at first, but it's easier than it seems.  The deal was that we needed now computers to use while at the company and if at the end of our internship we want to buy them at a discounted price, we can.

On Wednesday I helped Maggie some more with expense reports. I did some other things, but I forgot what exactly. The night was the work soiree where they welcomed the new employees and played a video for a co-worker who has cancer. I realized that Ncompass really is a family. They genuinely care for one another and it's a wonderful thing to be a part of. I can't wait to get to know everyone better and take my place as part of the family.
Thursday was fun as I got to know Maggie a lot better. That night we had tacos for dinner and stayed in.
Friday was such a blast in the office and at lunch. I got to put everyone's paychecks into envelopes and distribute them to their rightful owners. I liked doing that because it was simple and now everyone loves me because I bare good things :) haha lunch was hilarious. We did a lunch with Jackie (head of staffing department) and all the interns. We went to a local and old burger joint that is soon to be torn down. We had to visit it one last time because it's a staple of the area. First off, they were very busy and there are only four workers in the tiny shack joint. It took us 1 hour to get our food and was with the help of Jackie going up to the asian lady and offering her assistance. Yes, she did go inside the kitchen type thing and ask if she could help. The asian women basically told her to bug off. After that, Kat (other women in staffing) found a little black hair, probably from asian lady, in her tuna sandwich. Hahaha she couldn't eat after that and we all just laughed and how unfortunate the entire situation was. It was a good day and I loved spending time with everyone.

I will update more later, but I'm kinda burnt out from writing. I'll have to work on my writing endurance. haha for now, much love -Annika

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap I miss you two! It sounds like the internship is going great And I couldn't be more be proud/Imprssed with my best friends! Love you niks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness ya what the heck! Ahhhh k I'm seriously loving this thing. Good idea neeks! This is great. Love you guys! And love hearing about everything:)

    ReplyDelete